My name is Manon Ghiurco, I’m professional graphic designer and I live in a small town placed in the middle of Transylvania – Land of Dracula (Romania), close with my husband and my sweetie dog named Zita.My first steps in design field were marked by my passion I had for the CorelDraw vector drawing software. It was “the virus” that has changed everything in my professional and personal life.
- In 1998 I won a Mention at Corel Draw International Design Contest, the “design package” category.
- 1999 – 2000 Corel has published my works in the Artshow Catalog of Corel Review. My work was included in the CorelDraw software CD-ROMs on two consecutive years.
- 2010 I have participated in an exhibition in Sweden that gathered artists from over 30 countries, “PostCard – Mail Art Exhibition”. The subject was “an altered tourist attraction”. I have an affinity for postcard idea, as some of my customer knows already.
- In 2012 I won the “Bookmark of the year” prize at Bookmarks Book Okian Competition (a Romanian publishing house) with one of my six models
- Later of 2012 an interesting twist in my interest intervened – Post processing has pushed me to the realm of photography. 2012 was a year quite prolific in that territory, showing my inclination to details, reflections or geometric-abstract images. All my life I was fascinated by geometries and patterns.
- 2012 DailyDaviation, Soft Spine – an abstract photo.
- 2012 Interview for Someone we like – a portal online with diverse creators around the world.
- 2012 My Emotional Botero image was selected at Internationale d’Arte Italy Turin contemporary art exhibition.
- 19 February 2012 My emotional Botero Selected by editors of Art Limited
- After 2012 I discovered the beauty of Digital Interior Design. I started to create palace rooms in neoclassical style, and chateau interiors on orders. Two styles in a complete opposition but for me still is fascinating subject. I went as far as I could go with these two styles and I’m still do it today for very exclusivist customers.
- In 2015 a new subject appears on my desk – a handmade works. I started to do medieval journals using Italian leather or other precious or semiprecious materials, unique small things perfect as a gift. I like the idea to create something with my little hands, physical items where I can combine materials with different feeling touch or composition.
- Because deep in my soul I’m a pure classical person, that loves history, art, literature, addicted by movies, fantasies and real old time story somewhere in early of 2018 I’ve started a new chapter in my life – a field immersed in classical fantasy art … where I try to bring it a fresh, novelty. It’s sort of OLD and NEW… This is what my territory is about…
What I have been learning in my loooong journey on designing field - a designer is a very special person that exists to add /spread a little happiness and beauty into his and others life.